Friday, October 8, 2010

WE GOT CATS....


Ashton named his cat Rockstar and Adelyn named her cat Roxie.

We live right next to a couple large fields so I am assuming that we will have mice.  Since it is starting to get cold out I figured it was time to nip the problem in the bud before it started.  We got cats, so that we would not get mice.  Luckily for us our cousins cats recently had 22 kittens, so Aunt Michele was more than happy to let a couple come our way.

I think Ashton loved them the most, he sat outside the first day we had them and just held them on his lap.  Adelyn was at school or she probably would have done the same thing.  The kids were so worried about them sleeping outside so Todd made them a really nice home. 


 I think they are adorable!  Todd on the other hand claims he hates them but has been caught outside holding them more than once.  I had cats growing up and I loved them.  I think that is the reason I believed I could be a dog person.  I realized I loved cats because they leave you alone and dogs don't!



 The only thing I don't like about them is that our dogs HATE them!!  I thought they would get used to them after awhile but I am not seeing that yet.  The cats can run faster than the dogs so they have yet to eat them but they sure do try.  If the backdoor is open Molly stands on her hind legs so she can see out the screen door and just watches them.  The second we got cats our dogs forgot everything they knew.  I swear they are so focused on where the cats are and what they are doing they ignore us!!  I already have 2 kids who don't listen I need my obedient dogs back before I go nuts.

1 comment:

Joann said...

They are so cute! Hopefully your dogs will warm up to them soon!