Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

I was kinda bummed going into this weekend due to the fact we were supposed to be in Oregon.  We decided to postpone our trip for a later date.  It turned out to be pretty fun.  We got a lot of stuff done around the house and in the yard and so that was really nice.  It was so fun to have a 3 days off that Todd also had off.  I normally work a lot of weekends to help save money on BB sitters.  Todd took Ash hunting 2 days and Adelyn and his dad went on the last day.  They had fun but weren't able to get any of the birds they were looking for.  They are just getting into this whole hunting thing so I think it will be easier for them as time goes on.  Todd's dad and his wife Jaleen came up on Sunday and spent the day with us.  The kids had so much fun with and really enjoy the time they get to spend with them.  Uncle Matt also came out for the day.  The kids love him to death and just have a great time with him as well.  They were able to get in a couple games of Wii bowling.  Surprisingly Adelyn and Ashton are very good even though it was like there 2nd time of playing.  I tried a new recipe for dinner that night and it turned out really yummy.  I made Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas.  The recipe made so much I thought we would be eating leftovers forever but we ate them all.  Even the kids had seconds.  Then Monday while the kids were hunting with Todd and his dad I went to the Wellsville Founders day Parade with my Dad, Sandy, Joann, Adam and their 2 boys.  It was pretty fun but I missed having my kids there.  Then after the parade Joann, Adam, the boys, Rob and Jaleen came over for a BBQ.  We had a great time visiting and playing a few more rounds of bowling.  Now Todd and I are relaxing with no kids.

No comments: