Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A day in my life...

This morning started around 7:15 when to my surprise my children woke up.  I heard them as they were walking down the stairs.  Which to me is a great sound in the morning because this means they did not sleep with me.  They do a lot since we have moved into the new house.  I understand why, I get kinda scared upstairs too. So I got up and we got breakfast and started to get ready school.  Today was a very special picture day for Adelyn, she got to pick out her own outfit and hair.  We have a rule that I control EVERYTHING on picture days and she gets every other day of the year.  School pictures are not as important to me because I don't buy them.  I did curl her hair a little so she looked nice for the class photo.  We got her off to school on time and looking very pretty.  Then I went to go about my day going through the mail and doing the bills.  We got 2 new kittens yesterday (pictures to come soon) so Ash was outside holding them all morning.  Oh ya I also put a roast in the crock pot for dinner.  I got a lot done around the house and then sat down with Ash for some lunch.  We then got him dressed and ready for school.  We were actually early for school today!!  I was so proud of myself, I know lame but it has been hard for me.  I swear I look at the clock and we have plenty of time and then I start doing something and before you know it we are running out the door and hurrying as fast as we can to school.  So we rode our bikes and on my way back I rode up to Fonsbecks Greenhouse to get a much needed Diet Coke.  (the only place in Mendon that sells anything and thank goodness they do)  I decided that I would go in and look around and while I was there I got a call from my boss reminding me I had to be to work in 30 minutes.  I had looked at the wrong schedule and didn't relize I worked.  Well Todd drove to work this morning so I had no car.  Adelyn had dance right after school and it was her very first day.  So I was freakin a little.  Luckily I found someone to switch with so I didn't have to go in.  Then I finished up my TO DO/CHORE list for the day.  The kids got home and so we rushed Adelyn to dance and then me and Ash played a little mario.  We Adelyn got home we started homework and it took forever.  We didn't even finish before I had to get dinner all ready.  So I prepared the rest of dinner and we sat down and ate.  I think Adelyn is going through a growing spurt she had 3 helpings of roast a big scoop of potatoes and lots of carrots.  She said that I was the best cooker ever and Ashton agreed.  Ashton didn't eat as much roast but he ate 3 helpings of potatoes.  They really are good such good eaters it makes me so happy.  Then after dinner I totally spaced the rest of homework and started baths.  By the time baths were done and hair was dry it was 8:30.  I don't know where the time goes.  I feel like my life is so rushed all the time and I never time to sit and breath.  Tomorrow I have the same thing but I work from 9:30-3:00 and Adelyn has Girl Scouts instead of Dance.  I have always thought it would get easier the older the my kids got but between activities, homework, housework, dinner, work, and everything else that gets thrown into the mix I think it is getting harder.  And to top it all off it is 9:10 and Todd just called and said he is just now leaving the job site and will be home in an hour after finishing up his day of work.  Man 5:30 is going to come really early for him tomorrow. 

No comments: