Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ashton starts Kindergarten

Ashton started Kindergarten today!  I just don't know how he got this old.  He seems so little to me still, but I know he's not.  Whenever he was asked if he was excited his response was "no".  He told his the lady who is now watching him before school he didn't like preschool so why would he like Kindergarten.  He is such a smart little boy he will do so well.  He is already reading some words and sounding out the rest.  He has asked so many questions his whole life I am sure that there is not anything he doesn't know.  He remembers everything and I mean everything!!!  It has been so fun to be able to spend so much time at home with him this summer.  He talks and talks and talks.  Sometimes we have to have quiet time in the car because he is talking so much I can't concentrate.  He really is just a great kid and I am so thankful that he is mine.


Ashton running to get his bike so we could leave.  He was upset this morning that he wasn't able to go with his sister.  They are both very excited that they get to ride home together after school.

 Happily on his way.

He was a little nervous about going in but he did pretty well.  His teacher is so sweet and so good with all of the kids.  I am going to be his room mother and do the flouride in his class once a week.  I am real excited to get to know all the kids in his class.

1 comment:

Joann said...

Ashton still seems little to me too. He looks cute. I bet it's weird having both kids in school.