Thursday, August 26, 2010

Adelyn's first day of 2nd grade

Adelyn had her first day of 2nd grade today. She was a little nervous to start at a new school and the fact we were a little bit late didn't help. She was such good friends with her last class it is hard for her to think she has to make all new friends again. She is a little shy when it comes top putting yourself out there but once she knows you that goes away quickly. I know she will do just fine and have a great day. Her teacher is Mrs. Doolittle, we have heard great things about her. I am very excited about this year and hope it all goes well.

We rode our bikes to the school, the entire way she complained about her book bag. It was rubbing on the tire and was to heavy and made it harder to pedal. So I don't know how long riding bikes will last. She did really well I thought.
They are a little dark but I was so happy I got such a nice smile on the first request. If you look close you can see all of her missing teeth. She has 2 gone on the top and 1 on the bottom. My alarm went off and for some reason I fell back asleep so I wasn't able to spend as much time as I wanted on her hair. I will make sure that tomorrow it looks a little nicer.
You can't really see her outfit but it is very cute. After our struggles with getting dressed last year (and I mean SERIOUS STRUGGLES) she picked out everything. I tried to get her to get some of the things I liked but if she didn't say yes to wearing it the first time we put it back. She insists on wearing flip flops so I hope that is okay. When we were picking out her back pack she chose that one and then said "this will really impress people" I thought it was so funny. Hopefully she really isn't too worried about that or I will have my hands full and a empty wallet.

I can't believe she is already in 2nd grade!! The time has gone by so fast not to mention the summer that seemed like a week long. We didn't get a chance to go anywhere fun this summer but we are going to Oregon a week from Friday. We are so excited to be able to go and see my sister Jessica and her family. Ash will have only gone 2 days before he misses 2 days. He starts kindergarten on June 2nd. I used to long for the day that both of my kids would be in school and now I am kinda sad that it is here. Ashton still has a year till he will be gone all day but it still seems he is still my baby and shouldn't be old enough. I always thought that when my kids were both in school I would go back to school as well so I could finish what I attempted to start numerous times. My Nursing Degree. Now I don't know if that is what I want to do. I really have come to love taking pictures especially of the all the cute little kids. I guess it is time to decide for sure what I want to do with the rest of my life. I will post some pictures of Ashton's first day next week. Just saying that kinda makes me nervous for him.

1 comment:

Joann said...

I can't believe Adelyn is in 2nd grade! It's crazy she's that old. Her outfit is way cute!