Friday, August 13, 2010

The Yard

Ash enjoying eating outside... We have loved this so much and the best part about it is that we are being bugged by 30 neighbor kids asking if they can eat over. We like having neighbors but we really love that we can go outside and feel like we have plenty of our own space.
A lovely snake Todd found in the ditch that runs along the south side of our house. I know it is just a water snake but I would die if I ever saw one on the lawn by me or anywhere by me.
Adelyn and Daddy looking for snakes. I don't know why she is because if they found one she would freak out. I guess she just love being with her daddy even if they are looking for snakes.
This is the front Gate. There is a rope swing hanging from the tree that the kids love to play on.
You can't really see all the trees that surround the house, but it is covered in shade most of the day. Which I am very grateful for because we have no AC. I was certain I would never attempt living without one again but I am adjusting well. The garden is the weeds in the background but it will look great soon. I am hoping that I can grow some great things to can. I have some great memories of picking veges and fruit and canning them all with my mom.
Oh ya... The dogs love the yard and even though they could easily escape the fence they have been so good at staying in. Mator has gone under the fence a few times but is very quick to come back when he is called. Which is very impressive for him!!! (he is not the smartest dog I know)
I couldn't figure out how to get the pictures to go where I want them to so I have to do it in 2 posts...

No comments: