Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Wind

The weather seems to be different out here in Mendon. Maybe it is just cause I haven't lived around this many trees in forever!! It is windy a lot which makes it very nice for those of us without the luxury of central air. When I am in bed at night I close my eyes and I feel like I am camping. I never realized what a calming sound the wind makes. Today started out as a rainy day so of course I just felt like staying in bed or cuddling on the couch with the kids. I was very proud of myself when I didn't. I was very productive and Adelyn and Ashton were so great. Adelyn was grounded from her bike today due to her lack of watching out for cars. So I planned for a day of whining and it was such a nice surprise when the kids played so nicely together all day today. Today was the first day since we moved in that we were all able to sit at the table and eat dinner together. I finally felt that I had accomplished something!! Only one more day and then the weekend. I usually work every weekend but I still look forward to them because Todd is home and I get to go to bed with him for 2 nights!!

1 comment:

Joann said...

I love it when my kids play well together! It makes for such a nice day.